Thursday, March 03, 2005

Things You Discover When You're Sick and Can't Get Off the Couch...

So, here I am on the couch for a third consecutive day. I think I have the flu, as I am achy, have a congested head, and can sleep for 14 hours like it's my job. I was supposed to take an exam for my counseling certification today, but a drive to Milwaukee and sitting at a desk for three hours just isn't in the realm of possibility for me today. I see the doctor at 3:15 today. We'll see what he has to say about my illness.
Anyway, I was doing some research on-line today (since I can bring our laptop to the couch, where I have set up camp), and I found out some pretty interesting facts about my beloved horse, Miami. Check it out:
  • Miami won fourth place and eigth place at the American Quarter Horse Association World Championship Show in 1989 in hunter (jumping) classes...I already knew this, and was already impressed, but it gets even better...
  • Miami has five Kentucky Derby winners in his pedigree: Needles, Ponder, Pensive, Count Fleet, and War Admiral
  • Pensive was the sire (father) of Ponder, who, in turn, was the sire of Needles - together, these horses make up the only three consecutive generations of Derby winners ever
  • Count Fleet and War Admiral each won the Triple Crown, a feat only accomplished eleven times in history

So, you'd think with all of this speed in his pedigree, my horse would run like the wind, right? Nope...only if there's a bucket of grain at the end of the race.



My I Am Great (Miami) Posted by Hello

Anyway, I hope you have all enjoyed my rant for the day. I'm sure you are probably not as impressed by all of this as I am, but give me a break. I haven't gone outside in three days and you can only watch so many episodes of "Judge Mathis" before insanity creeps in. I'll keep you all posted on what the doctor says this afternoon.
Peace from the Midwest.
-D

No comments: