Friday, March 04, 2005

It's Official...

Well, it's official. I have the flu. Not a really bad cold, which many people call "the flu". I have the actual Influenza Virus. My doctor laughed when I told him that I thought I had the flu, because he said a lot of people call every sniffle they have "the flu". He asked me what my symptoms were, checked my vitals, and, in a very professional doctorly manner, quickly wheeled his little doctor stool backwards across the exam room into the furthest corner from me, and said, "Holy cow, you have the flu." Apparently, he has a trip to Mexico scheduled and didn't want to be near me. Seriously.
Anyway, I tried to go into work this morning, but after taking a shower, driving to work, and stepping into my office, I broke out into a heavy sweat and had to sit down. My boss called in sick with the flu this morning and my co-workers scattered to the winds when I told them I had the flu. I called my boss' boss and told her I couldn't make it.
Anyway, I'm on the couch...again. I plan on taking a nap and I'm glad I have the weekend to recover. I hope you're all healthy. Take care.
Peace from the Midwest.
-D

No comments: