Wednesday, November 25, 2009

The Act of Being Thankful

I realize that it is waaaay past time to update the ol' blog. I couldn't think of a better time to write an update than during this time of thanks and gratitude. Listing the things for which I am grateful makes for a nice update, I think.

I am thankful for a strong, happy, and healthy son who makes me laugh so many times a day. His very existence makes me thankful for every single day and makes me realize that there is no room in this life for being selfish. With every choice that I make, I take him into consideration first.

I am thankful for a supportive and loving husband who takes me for who I am...good and, well, not so good. He is kind, positive, and helpful. He supports my endeavors and respects my choices. Even though he doesn't share my love for rising at 3:00 in the morning to go scrub green manure stains off my horse and drive to a horse show with the hope of (maybe) winning a 25 cent ribbon, he supports it. (Wow...after typing that, I think that maybe I AM crazy!)

I am thankful for my loving family who is there when I need them. I can call any one of them at any time and they will do what they can to help out. This also includes giving me kick in the backside when I need it.

I am thankful for my friends who, no matter where they are, are ready to offer a kind word or inspire a good laugh. My friends "get" me. You've gotta love that!

I am thankful for my warm house, my health, my snuggly pets, and the opportunity to live my dreams.

Tomorrow, we celebrate a day of thanks. I am fortunate enough to be able to host a scrumptious dinner at our home. I can't wait to spend this day with my family and reflect on how wonderful my life really is.

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 comment:

Malinov said...

Nice to see you blogging again!