Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Sunday Off

The horse show scheduled for today was cancelled due to the impending stormy forecast. A good thing, too, because it's raining buckets right now. A full day to get stuff done around the house and, in between storm clouds, maybe ride Chester.
Next Sunday, we show at Centerpointe Stables, a farm just five minutes from our house. Yay! This is a show I usually invite those I know to come and watch, simply because it only takes a few minutes to get there. Auburn and Stanley are quite the hike for people to make, just to watch a bunch of horses trot around in a circle. I get it, but, I am nuts. Spending hundreds of dollars to spend the day in the swampy, sweltering heat and humidity wearing a wool jacket and tall black boots, all to (maybe) get a 25 cent ribbon. If anyone is interested in coming out to Penfield to meet Chester and watch the show for a while, e-mail me (drsimpson17@yahoo.com) for details or directions. I know a few of you are curious to see why I am MIA every Sunday during the summer. We would love to see you! Have a great Sunday!

No comments: